The next meeting of the Social Issues Subcommittee of the Downtown Community Planning Council takes place Tuesday, February 9, 2016, 4:00pm-5:30pm, at Alpha Square 550 14th Street, San Diego, CA 92101, Phone 619-696-6500.
Social Issues Subcommittee ~ Downtown Community Planning Council
Tuesday, February 9 ~ 4:00pm-5:30pm
MEETING LOCATION ~ Alpha Square
550 14th Street, San Diego, CA 92101, Phone 619-696-6500
- Roll Call
- Public Comments
- Chairpersons Report – Why we are here, starting the year on the same page
- Approval of minutes from meeting of 11/3/15 – Chair, 5 mins
- State of Homelessness Downtown, Dec & Jan counts – Bahija Hamraz, Clean & Safe -10 mins
- Introduction of “Community Conversation” Panel – USICH Definition of Ending
Homelessness Chair, 5 minsPanel will include Representatives from:
Clean & Safe, SDPD, HOT Team, SIP & PERT, SD Housing Commission, SDVP, Father Joe’s, Veterans Village of SD, Alpha Project, PATH Connections Housing, Todd Gloria’s Office, RTFH, County Mental Health, 211, COC, 25 Cities, Salvation Army, Rescue Mission, Catholic Charities, VA, SD Rescue Mission, YWCA, Veterans Community Services, Think Dignity
- Panelists will have 2 mins each to answer the following questions about their Agency:
– What do you consider your agencies’ role to be in addressing the homeless issues of Downtown?
– What resources do you have and services do you offer, include location (s), capacity, hours, etc?
– What resources do you need or do you suggest, if funding was no issue? – 40 mins
- Q & A – all parties – 25 mins
- Urgent Non-Agenda Items (Action Items must meet requirements of Government Code Section 54954.2) – 5 mins
This information will be made available in alternative formats upon request. To request an agenda in alternative format or to request a sign language or oral interpreter for the meeting, call Civic San Diego (619) 533-7142 at least four days prior to the meeting to insure availability. Assistive Listening Devices (ALD’s) are available for the meeting upon request.